NEW OSH ERA Mid-term Conference. Krakow, May 2008
The aim of the NEW OSH ERA Mid-term Conference was to present the first results of the project, to discuss further ideas with a broader audience including representatives of social partners, policy makers of national and EU level, OSH experts, and potential future Members of NEW OSH ERA Consortium, and to endorse the Memorandum of Common Understanding, defining future directions for NEW OSH ERA project. The conference was being organised by CIOP-PIB, the Polish Member of the NEW OSH ERA consortium, and was held in the Radisson SAS hotel in Krakow, Poland on 29-30 May 2008.
NEW OSH ERA
New and emerging risks in occupational safety and health -
Anticipating and dealing with change in the workplace
through coordination of OSH risk research
29-30 MAY 2008, KRAKÓW, Poland
The Conference will present the first results of NEW OSH ERA:
- the outcomes of the information exchange phase and
- the results of the strategic consultation process summarized in the Memorandum of Common Understanding
Among the highlights of the Conference will be the endorsement of the Memorandum of Common Understanding, including a consolidated vision on the future of NEW OSH ERA, agreed research priorities for the joint activities, and clear strategies to achieve the set objectives.
The conference will also provide an opportunity to discuss the broader context of the NEW OSH ERA project and to seek answers to the following questions:
- how to involve OSH stakeholders at the policy level so that they support the consortium to achieve its objectives;
- how NEW OSH ERA could promote the implementation of the Community strategy 2007-2012 on health and safety at work;
- how to increase awareness of the importance of research into new and emerging risks as a precondition for effective prevention measures;
- how to reinforce the importance of OSH in all relevant EU policies;
- what role NEW OSH ERA could play in shaping the European OSH research landscape in the upcoming years and how it can help the de-fragmentation of OSH research at EU level.
In addition to the presence and participation of the NEW OSH ERA current partners, it is envisaged that the conference will be attended by OSH stakeholders, including representatives of social partners, national and EU level policy makers, OSH experts, researchers, potential future members of NEW OSH ERA Consortium.
The conference will take place in one of the most beautiful and charming European cities – Krakow. The conference venue is located in the old part of the city known for its art collections and architectural treasures that appear on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Invitation to the Conference
General information package